Monday, March 19, 2012

Class Begins


Joe walked with me to school where I met Joao.  Joao took me on a tour of the school.  I was impressed.  It was very clean and appeared to be child oriented.  A lot of the children’s artwork was displayed.  After the tour I met with Regina, a fifth grade teacher and we went to her room.  Class began immediately.  The children worked on comprehension and sentence structure.  Joe met me in the lobby and tried to show me an easy way to come back to the hotel.  We had lunch at one o’clock at a local snack bar.  Arleen and I went for a walk around the area.  We checked out the carousal, shops, etc.  We had a meeting with Joe at 6:30 and each of us told about our day – the plusses and minuses.  We met with Joaquin for our first lesson in Portuguese.  It was very interesting.  After our lesson we went to the Restaurant Romano for a delicious dinner of tuna, pork, rice, french fries, veggies and a choice of rice pudding or fruit.  We came back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep in anticipation of a successful Tuesday teaching conversational English.

No comments: